This second edition of Principles of Solar Engineering covers the latest developments in a broad range of topics of interest to students and professionals interested in solar energy applications. With the scientific fundamentals included, the book covers important areas such as heating and cooling, passive solar applications, detoxification and biomass energy conversion. This comprehensive textbook provides examples of methods of solar engineering from around the world and includes examples, solutions and data applicable to international solar energy issues. A solutions manual is available to qualified instructors.
1. Introduction to Solar Energy Conversion
2. Fundamentals of Solar Radiation
3. Methods of Solar Collection and Thermal Conversion
4. Thermal Energy Storage and Transport
5. Solar-Heating Systems
6. Solar Cooling and Dehumidification
7. Passive Methods for Heating, Cooling and Daylighting
8. Solar Thermal Power and Process Heat
10. Solar Photochemical Applications
11. Capturing Solar Energy through Biomass
12. Introduction to Economic Analysis
D. Yogi Goswami; Frank Kreith, Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA.; Jan F. Kreider, Consulting Engineer, Boulder, Colorado, USA.